Candy Sugar Kingdom Jail

Got a great idea lets hear it
kid123

Candy Sugar Kingdom Jail

Post by kid123 »

Instead of just banning someone, there should be something just like jail. Like here's an example. Image Silent being mean to anyone and Des come and he ban her. She shoudnt just be ban that fast lol (but she is rude -_-) but instead of banning her she should be punish. like she cant come back to csk for a few days or so (or forever lol jk) but after that she come back and she learn her lesson. if she do it again like 4 or 5 times then she can get ban for doing it over and over again. (im so sorry silent i just needed someone to use as an example) you guys understand what im saying right? :D
kid123

Re: Candy Sugar Kingdom Jail

Post by kid123 »

or maybe if she do it more than 5 times
Silent

Post by Silent »

what? youre my friend!
Silent

Post by Silent »

and plus i did say sorry a few times to you 4 being rude -_-
SpongeTeddyBear

Post by SpongeTeddyBear »

kid123 wrote:Instead of just banning someone, there should be something just like jail. Like here's an example. Image Silent being mean to anyone and Des come and he ban her. She shoudnt just be ban that fast lol (but she is rude -_-) but instead of banning her she should be punish. like she cant come back to csk for a few days or so (or forever lol jk) but after that she come back and she learn her lesson. if she do it again like 4 or 5 times then she can get ban for doing it over and over again. (im so sorry silent i just needed someone to use as an example) you guys understand what im saying right? :D
hmm but what if they make a new account under the same computer IP?
Des

Post by Des »

The Jail idea is a good idea but in my experience in other games it doesn't work the way it is intended. Without a serious consequence to breaking the rules only a very small percentage of users will follow the rules because one of the many negative trends on the internet is to be a Troll( You should know what this means ).

Majority of the people that I have banned is because of bad, abusive and very inappropriate language. If I did not ban these people they would cause a lot more problems even if they behave nicely to some players and are complete Trolls to others.

I do not ban without first giving one or more warnings to a player because I think a warning is fair but when someone ignores the warnings that I give them it means they either do not understand or they do not care.

In another post someone mentioned an idea that I really liked which is the ability to mute someone for an extended period of time, I think this would serve as a decent warning because they would not be able to use any form of chat within the game, even the Candy Messenger would be unusable but the problem is that the person can just jump on to another account.

To conclude I would like to say that every idea good or bad has it's pros and cons, of course I would like for everyone to follow the rules and just play to have fun but that is just not realistic :/
SpongeTeddyBear

Post by SpongeTeddyBear »

Des wrote:?
I have an idea. A temp-ban would be possible, what a temp-ban does is ban the person for a amount of time (let's say bio is temp-banned for 3 days) I would be banned for 3 days, but the problem is the person could just restart their modem/router and get a fresh IP from their ISP, a IPtempban would solve that to prevent the person from evading the temp-ban/making another account. However, they might use a proxy or a vpn, so the last option is to subnet-tempban them. Sub-net banning is when an entire range of IP addresses are banned. For example, the IP address [11.222.33.444] is sub-net banned. This means the range of that IP is banned, for example this IP is banned [11.222.33.789]. That is my idea.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Wow
bluedragon123

Post by bluedragon123 »

im confused .... :?
Des

Post by Des »

IP ban like all other solutions comes with it's own down side, there is only so many IPs and they are always reused as well as handed from one ISP to another ISP. To ban an IP is more than just banning one single person, to ban an IP range is a blackout on an entire area.

Though I do like that you suggested the idea because it means that you do posses some knowledge about this kind of stuff :)