Game Suggestions

Got a great idea lets hear it
AbbyTheCake

Game Suggestions

Post by AbbyTheCake »

Des, I know you are busy with current projects and what not, but I don't think it would be best to keep us users waiting- especially since Candy Sugar Kingdom is multiplying in size everyday... These are just suggestions that I think you should apply to this game, but you don't necessarily need to, but I WOULD appreciate it if you did...

Ranks - Whenever someone reaches a certain level, they should be rewarded with a certain amount of jellybeans. Usually, this may not work with users that, for example, have been cheating and the moderators have not found out because no one has reported that user. This also doesn't work for those who like to sabotage the enjoyment of others by instigating.
Daily Games - The first time you log onto Candy Sugar Kingdom on a certain day, you should be given the privilege to play daily games which can only be played once a day.
Example of daily games : Spin the Wheel - On your screen you will see a list of daily games that you will eligible to play. Some may be locked because you need to buy them with jellybeans, or because you are too low of a level to play that game. One of the suggestive games that I have come up with is Spin the Wheel... Basically, you'll have to click on the lever, and whatever it stops on is whatever prize you will receive. You can get all sorts of prizes from costumes to jellybeans.
Profiles - Users can create and edit their very own profile. They can also go to their profile to view their friendships. When viewing friendships, they can see the person's username, profile views, amount of badges, friends, likes, and the last time they've last logged in.
Example :
Pokabu72
Profile Views: 542
Badges: 20/40
Friends: 50/50
Last login: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Likes & Badges - Likes - When you view a user's profile you should have the ability to like the profile based on how much you believe that person is trustworthy and mod-like. You can use these likes when looking for a future moderator, but most likely, the chat logs will do all the decision making.
Badges - Whenever a user makes an accomplishment, they should be awarded with badges. Badges verify your accomplishment and make it easier for recognition.
Chat Rooms -
Private chatting with two or more users and going back and forth and saying what so and so said is both tiring and annoying. Chat rooms can straighten things out. Of course, most users will come in and add their own two cents (if that makes sense) and start rambling on about inappropriate nature. To avoid this, it would be best if the chat rooms were chat filtered.
Reporting - I can say that the moderators have lives and it's not necessary for them to continuously suspend or ban users, so when you click on someone's username and view their profile, there should be options:
Options :
ExampleUser
Add as Friend
Private Message
Invite to Chat Room (consists of three or more users)
Report User <- If the user has done something to you, you can select this option
Once you have clicked on the report option, you can write a maximum of a 500 character summary of what the user has done to you and send the summary to a moderator of your choice. When they log in, they may view their profile and check their inbox to view your report.

Heck, even I know these are TOO MANY suggestions for one human being to read, memorize, and create that way it will become the future success of an online game... yeah, I had so many suggestions that I couldn't let them go to waste. Have fun choosing something that's reasonable for this game. If you do not choose any of my suggestions, Des, that is okay with me. :]
Des

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by Des »

I can see that you put some time and effort into these suggestions and I do appreciate that, some of these I have previously considered implementing in one form or another. But before I do implement anything I have to take in to account how it can be abused which is unfortunately where most of the effort goes into when adding something new.

Ranks
Levels can go up and down quite often so rewards can not be granted repeatedly for the same level, to prevent this one issue would require the game server only rewarding once for a level attained.

Daily Games
Interesting Idea and I had a similar idea before but quite a lot of other pieces have to be created first to allow for this to be possible.

Profiles
As I have stated previously I am not a big fan of being able to see when another person last logged in because I believe it is intrusive. Profile views, Badges and Friends count is something that I like and will consider adding at a later time.

The likes system has never worked in any game that I have ever played because it just doesn't work in a game, even though it is a great concept if it was only used the way that it is meant to be used by all players which unfortunately does not happen from what I have personally seen and experienced.

The badges I think is good because I have seen it in many of the games that I have played and it does show an accurate representation of achievements only if the badges are difficult to get.

Chat Rooms
The private chat idea is something that I have though about a lot in the past and I do think you should be able to chat with a group of select people instead of using the default room chat or candy messenger with a 1 on 1 chat. This is on my list and I have a solution to this which is not quite what you are suggesting but I believe my solution will resolve this issue but unfortunately it is not my number 1 priority right now because I have my hands full.

Reporting
My goal is to keep the game itself as simple as possible in the interface that it has without adding too many buttons and only having the buttons that are absolutely required. The reporting of any user who is breaking the game rules can be reported on the forums. I have seen this being abused so badly in a game that the moderators said if you abuse this ability you will be banned for that action.

My current priority is to complete the current update that I have been working on for a long time now and then I have list of about 1000 stuff that I need to go through to prioritize what should or shouldn't be added and in what order D:

I always like to see suggestions that are well though of because one idea can always lead to another idea and so on which is great, also it shows that you like this game :)
AbbyTheCake

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by AbbyTheCake »

Des wrote:I can see that you put some time and effort into these suggestions and I do appreciate that, some of these I have previously considered implementing in one form or another. But before I do implement anything I have to take in to account how it can be abused which is unfortunately where most of the effort goes into when adding something new.

Ranks
Levels can go up and down quite often so rewards can not be granted repeatedly for the same level, to prevent this one issue would require the game server only rewarding once for a level attained.

Daily Games
Interesting Idea and I had a similar idea before but quite a lot of other pieces have to be created first to allow for this to be possible.

Profiles
As I have stated previously I am not a big fan of being able to see when another person last logged in because I believe it is intrusive. Profile views, Badges and Friends count is something that I like and will consider adding at a later time.

The likes system has never worked in any game that I have ever played because it just doesn't work in a game, even though it is a great concept if it was only used the way that it is meant to be used by all players which unfortunately does not happen from what I have personally seen and experienced.

The badges I think is good because I have seen it in many of the games that I have played and it does show an accurate representation of achievements only if the badges are difficult to get.

Chat Rooms
The private chat idea is something that I have though about a lot in the past and I do think you should be able to chat with a group of select people instead of using the default room chat or candy messenger with a 1 on 1 chat. This is on my list and I have a solution to this which is not quite what you are suggesting but I believe my solution will resolve this issue but unfortunately it is not my number 1 priority right now because I have my hands full.

Reporting
My goal is to keep the game itself as simple as possible in the interface that it has without adding too many buttons and only having the buttons that are absolutely required. The reporting of any user who is breaking the game rules can be reported on the forums. I have seen this being abused so badly in a game that the moderators said if you abuse this ability you will be banned for that action.

My current priority is to complete the current update that I have been working on for a long time now and then I have list of about 1000 stuff that I need to go through to prioritize what should or shouldn't be added and in what order D:

I always like to see suggestions that are well though of because one idea can always lead to another idea and so on which is great, also it shows that you like this game :)
Thanks a lot for taking your time to supply in feedback. After you explained everything, I now know some of these suggestions do have their own little downfall. Like, for example, the whole button thing you were talking about in the first paragraph of the reporting section... I can understand why you said you wanted to keep the game simple and how we can report users on the forums... yeah, when I was typing all of this, I didn't really think some of the suggestions through and how they could be abusive/unnecessary... good luck with the game! :)