Mod elections

Got a great idea lets hear it
PinkTeddyBear

Mod elections

Post by PinkTeddyBear »

well...this doesnt have to do with the forum.......but morelike the game......can we do mod elections? so basically we can like, make the candidates and then vote and then u can do the final decision :D like skool elections
Des

Re: Mod elections

Post by Des »

If I understand this you are asking to have an election to select a new game moderator? which will require a voting system from the game players?

I moved your post into it's own topic.
PinkTeddyBear

Post by PinkTeddyBear »

....lol ok kewl :D
Des

Post by Des »

Being a moderator is not as easy as some people think, mods have responsibilities that are not always easy to deal with.

I have had a lot of people ask about being a mod because they say that they would be great at it, my first question is usually why do you want to be a mod. Majority of the time the answer is "So I can ban people" which is not the purpose of a mod.

With that said there is definitely benefits to being a mod which I think is what makes it desirable for many people and in the long term as this game grows there will definitely be a need for a lot more mods but it is not role that suits everyone.
PinkTeddyBear

Post by PinkTeddyBear »

*sneeze* ik not every1 can b a mod oh btw happy thanksgiving!eat tons of turkey? of course its not easy, its being a mod for crying out loud! lol cuz i wanna ban ppl oh u know how that always works -.- *sniff* benefits like wat?fame?its not really fun to b a mod is it?
Des

Post by Des »

There is many benefits of being a mod and I guess being a celebrity is part of it but I don't think any mods do it for that reason. There is a very important thing that I have experienced personally over the years is that in an online multiplayer game it isn't that important what the game is, what is more important is the people who play the game and the community of players that are created within the game itself. For example Facebook is popular because of the 500 million people who use it, if it had no one using it it would not be nearly as interesting as it is.

Moderators get to play a key role in the creation of the community within Candy Sugar Kingdom even if they are not entirely aware of it, and I also give them cookies as a reward for their efforts :)
PinkTeddyBear

Post by PinkTeddyBear »

1st off, oh my gawd what time do u check in on here -.- second wat r cookies? third yall ARE actually a big part of csk and i do agree with everything u said and forth haha a lil off the road here so csk doesnt need mods now?
Rats

Post by Rats »

Des wrote:There is many benefits of being a mod and I guess being a celebrity is part of it but I don't think any mods do it for that reason. There is a very important thing that I have experienced personally over the years is that in an online multiplayer game it isn't that important what the game is, what is more important is the people who play the game and the community of players that are created within the game itself. For example Facebook is popular because of the 500 million people who use it, if it had no one using it it would not be nearly as interesting as it is.

Moderators get to play a key role in the creation of the community within Candy Sugar Kingdom even if they are not entirely aware of it, and I also give them cookies as a reward for their efforts :)
Cookies :O
Des

Post by Des »

I check the forum regularly throughout the day.

Cookie: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cookie
PinkTeddyBear

Post by PinkTeddyBear »

a small cake made from stiff, sweet dough rolled and sliced or dropped by spoonfuls on a large, flat pan (cookie sheet) and baked. lol that?i know wat a cookie is -.- i thought it was code for something else XD