Common courtesy

Guides for beginners and game tips
Des

Common courtesy

Post by Des »

The game is supposed to be fun and you are supposed to make friends and talk to people so it is a good idea to say hi when you first enter a room or an area. Also when you are about to leave it is a good idea to say bye before you leave. This is not a rule or anything but I see a lot of people who come into a room and don't say hi and leave without saying bye, I don't think that this is wrong but if you want to have lots of friends and if you want people to like you then you should think about your actions.

Also when you see a new person who comes into a game room and they are level 1 and have no idea how to play try saying hi and ask them if they have read the instructions. Some people don't read the instructions and they don't know that you can type /instructions at any time to bring it up again. This information is very useful to a new person and no one can force the new people to read it but if you ask them nicely they may just end up being one of your friends in the near future or even they might become a great player and be in the top 10.

If everyone follows this basic concept of being more courteous and helpful to the new players then more people will want to come back and play with you. I've played a lot of multiplayer games and I strongly believe that the true fun in a game is not the game itself but the people that you play with, this is something that a lot of games I have played( not all ) unfortunately do not have.

When I play a new online game I am normally the level 1 guy who tries to say hi to the top players like level 100+( depends on game ) and I get completely ignored by the top players and sometimes get laughed at because I am a level 1. This kind of action does not hurt my feelings but it does effect what I think of the game that I am playing.

Anyway my point is to be nice to other people and other people will be nice to you and everyone will have more friends and have more fun.
SpongeTeddyBear

Re: Common courtesy

Post by SpongeTeddyBear »

Des wrote:The game is supposed to be fun and you are supposed to make friends and talk to people so it is a good idea to say hi when you first enter a room or an area. Also when you are about to leave it is a good idea to say bye before you leave. This is not a rule or anything but I see a lot of people who come into a room and don't say hi and leave without saying bye, I don't think that this is wrong but if you want to have lots of friends and if you want people to like you then you should think about your actions.

Also when you see a new person who comes into a game room and they are level 1 and have no idea how to play try saying hi and ask them if they have read the instructions. Some people don't read the instructions and they don't know that you can type /instructions at any time to bring it up again. This information is very useful to a new person and no one can force the new people to read it but if you ask them nicely they may just end up being one of your friends in the near future or even they might become a great player and be in the top 10.

If everyone follows this basic concept of being more courteous and helpful to the new players then more people will want to come back and play with you. I've played a lot of multiplayer games and I strongly believe that the true fun in a game is not the game itself but the people that you play with, this is something that a lot of games I have played( not all ) unfortunately do not have.

When I play a new online game I am normally the level 1 guy who tries to say hi to the top players like level 100+( depends on game ) and I get completely ignored by the top players and sometimes get laughed at because I am a level 1. This kind of action does not hurt my feelings but it does effect what I think of the game that I am playing.

Anyway my point is to be nice to other people and other people will be nice to you and everyone will have more friends and have more fun.
so you're saying that saying hi and bye is a rule?!
Rats

Post by Rats »

SpongeTeddyBear wrote:
Des wrote:The game is supposed to be fun and you are supposed to make friends and talk to people so it is a good idea to say hi when you first enter a room or an area. Also when you are about to leave it is a good idea to say bye before you leave. This is not a rule or anything but I see a lot of people who come into a room and don't say hi and leave without saying bye, I don't think that this is wrong but if you want to have lots of friends and if you want people to like you then you should think about your actions.

it's your option if you're gonna be polite and say hi and bye to people
SpongeTeddyBear

Post by SpongeTeddyBear »

Rats wrote:
SpongeTeddyBear wrote:

so if I don't say hi and bye it's not polite?
Rats

Post by Rats »

SpongeTeddyBear wrote:
Rats wrote:
SpongeTeddyBear wrote:so you're saying that saying hi and bye is a rule?!
so if I don't say hi and bye it's not polite?
duhhhhh
ofekih

Post by ofekih »

SpongeTeddyBear wrote: so you're saying that saying hi and bye is a rule?!
Des wrote: This is not a rule or anything