Basic pet guide

Any and all stuff pets related
Des

Basic pet guide

Post by Des »

After a lot of questions that I've been getting I can see why most people do not understand it yet, as new updates come I will try to make it easier for people to understand what it is that they are doing right and what they are doing wrong. But for now I think a little bit of knowledge can go a long way so here is the basics.

Different pets
Each pet has it's own strengths and weaknesses, this is important to know because this is where most people make a mistake. When you start you get your first pet for free so don't worry about making mistakes because the first pet you get is not going to be your main pet anyway.

Pet stats and elements
Pet stats include:
- Strength
- Intelligence
- Heart
- Endurance
Pet elements include:
- Fire
- Water
- Earth
- Lightning
- Light
- Dark

So whats the difference is what you are probably thinking right? Simple answer power rating or you can think of it as multipliers, I will explain.

I will use the Blue jelly as an example because some people think it is weak, which is not true at all. When you first get a blue jelly and you look at the stats in the advanced tab you will see that it has more points in int, heart, and water. This is very important because it implies that these are the strengths of the blue jelly. Blue jelly also has 1 point in fire and dark which means that these are it's weaknesses. The rest of the points are kind of in between with nothing that really stands out.

So if the blue jelly strengths are int, hrt and water what happens if you put more points in to those? The answer is that any points you put in to those will be significantly amplified, so for example a single point added to water element will take it from the default 10 to 15, another point will take it from 15 to 20.

Huh, Des can't count right? not true I can count up to 10 pretty good.

If you add one point how does it go up by 5? because this is where this pet has it's strengths so any point you add is amplified which would be the same as putting multiple points.

This is where the pet owners make a mistake in that they think, Oh I want my blue jelly to be really strong so I will put points in strength. This is a mistake to put all your points in strength because strength is only amplified by a factor of 2. So why is blue jelly not physically strong? because it is a spell caster it is not meant to be physically strong.

I put my points in to int, heart and water and here is the results of it:

My blue pet does decent magic damage but any spells that are water element are significantly enhanced due to my pets water( ice is a part of water ) alignment, so if there is any water/ice spell scrolls that I come across I know which pet to give it to. Or if I am planning on buying a spell scroll I would probably buy a water spell scroll to give it to this pet.

So why not just put all my points in to heart or put all the points in to int? because heart directly effects how much hp you have so it is an important one to have but as you will learn over time items have requirements to be able to equip them on to your pet. This means that my blue jelly will be able to equip items that are designed for spell casters because they will have high int requirements but my pet will not be able to use weapons that are not designed for spell casters because they will have high str requirements.

Another important point that is worth making is that because my blue jelly is water aligned and it has a lot of points put in to water any enemies that I will fight against if they use water magic on my blue jelly it will not do as much damage. So elemental alignment effects both offense and defense.

Now that you know the basics you will be able to make much stronger pets and please share this link with everyone else so they can read it :)
PinkTeddyBear

Re: Basic pet guide

Post by PinkTeddyBear »

thank u!!!!
takera

Post by takera »

How dop i get a pet????
Des

Post by Des »

takera wrote:How dop i get a pet????
Watch this video to see how to get your first pet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey5DEWoNpR8
HellCandy

Post by HellCandy »

Nice Guide and video ;)
lol3000

Post by lol3000 »

honestly i would have never knew that and i cant belive if you put some points in
health but also what about the purple the pink the red and yellow jellys whta are they good at
and pets in the future well what are good about them and bad about them
but thanks for saying that des thanks sory i replyed kindive late :D
pokabu72

Post by pokabu72 »

Thanks for posting the pet guide! it really helped.
megaman

Post by megaman »

how did you get all those pet eggs a gifts are you rich or something
vikram

Post by vikram »

megaman wrote:how did you get all those pet eggs a gifts are you rich or something
1. He is Moderator Of Candy Sugar Kingdom
2. He have premium Membership
SpongeTeddyBear

Post by SpongeTeddyBear »

vikram wrote:
megaman wrote:how did you get all those pet eggs a gifts are you rich or something
1. He is Moderator Of Candy Sugar Kingdom
2. He have premium Membership
1. He is ADMIN of CSK.
Mods include Rats, um...I don't know anybody else
that are 1 level lower than admins
1 level lower than mods are us players like me,you, joshuas12, and more