Ask Des

General conversations
Andrew

Re: Ask Des

Post by Andrew »

Will increasing a pet's main element also increase its attack? Or is it better to save points to be able to equip certain weapons? For example, a red jelly has great fire stats, but I do not need any additional fire for any equip.
Des

Post by Des »

Increasing an element increases both attack and defense with that element, the defense is always active but the attack is only used when an ability matching that element is used. For example increasing fire element increase fire resistance and the damage of any fire ability.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Do you know where to obtain the sock, for the second sock quest? Trying to help a guild member.
Des

Post by Des »

Andrew wrote:Do you know where to obtain the sock, for the second sock quest? Trying to help a guild member.
Some of the users made a Quest Guide a while back, it might help you on your adventures.
everyone

Post by everyone »

I miss this game.
Des

Post by Des »

everyone wrote:I miss this game.
I'm not sure that qualifies as a question
everyone

Post by everyone »

Des wrote:
As incredible as it seems this game marked my childhood
Des

Post by Des »

everyone wrote:
Des wrote:
As incredible as it seems this game marked my childhood
I really enjoyed working on this over the years and being a part of the community that it created within it. I'm glad that it was something meaningful to you over the years.
roadrunner

Post by roadrunner »

Hey Des, sorry if you've been asked this before, but what made you want to work on this game? Also, did you believe that this game would last for a long time or did you expect it to slowly fade away?

Also, while this is offtopic, I've had a great time with this game too; in fact the memories I've had with this is the reason why I've just spent an hour trying to get back into my old account, lol. Thanks for your work over the years!
Des

Post by Des »

roadrunner wrote:Hey Des, sorry if you've been asked this before, but what made you want to work on this game? Also, did you believe that this game would last for a long time or did you expect it to slowly fade away?

Also, while this is offtopic, I've had a great time with this game too; in fact the memories I've had with this is the reason why I've just spent an hour trying to get back into my old account, lol. Thanks for your work over the years!
CSK is one of my many side projects that I worked on with my spare time, this is both educational for me to learn really technical stuff as well as it is something I really enjoyed working on. It is hard to put into words but if you can create something from your imagination and have others play in that world it is in a way its own reward. I have not created a project this large before and to have to do everything myself was a challenge that I really enjoyed working on every aspect of this project. When players such as yourself play the game you see a game in front of you but I see something else entirely that I can not put into words.

I didn't really plan out some of the phases of CSK but time changes everything and it is still hard for me to believe but CSK is almost 10 years old from the original playable prototype that I put online. I don't really know what the future holds for CSK but I still think it is a good conceptual idea for a game that can bring enjoyment to players of any age and I am glad you enjoyed playing it over the years as that is what it is meant for :)