November/14/2019

Information about the progress of the game creation and other stuff
Des

November/14/2019

Post by Des »

A friendly reminder for those of you that still do login once in a while, Adobe Flash is scheduled to have end of life at 2020 for browsers.

What does that mean?
- Adobe will no longer support Flash Player for browsers
- All Browsers will disable the plugin and no longer allow any Flash games to be played in the browser( Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera...others ).

As a result of this when you go to the CSK website the Flash game will not load at all and will be unplayable. I will try to find a work around to this if there is one but for now I have no choice but to wait for it to happen and see what options there will be.

It is a high possibility that there may be no work around at all for browsers :(

But that doesn't mean it is completely over for CSK, I'm quite sure that I can export CSK as an executable file that will use the Adobe AIR plugin to run locally. What does that mean? well in short, I could provide a file you download( CSK.exe ) and you would in theory be able to run it just like any application without the need for a browser at all.

I still do think about it once in a while of how amazing of a game concept it could be if I was to port it over to Unity3D and have it be designed to be playable on all systems( Smart Phones, Tablets, PC, Console ) and continue with all my ideas of development that I never got around to. It is an interesting thing to think about, unfortunately I simply do not have the time but it is a nice and pleasant thought regardless :)

Also my offer still stands for anyone who wants their account unbanned.
everyone

Re: November/14/2019

Post by everyone »

Perfect
iAznpanda

Post by iAznpanda »

You do you. Grew up with this game a bit. I grew up with it a lot. One of the few games I remember from when I was still a lad.

I wouldn't know too much but...
Would it be possible to label the game as an indie and publish it on an online platform like Steam?
Des

Post by Des »

iAznpanda wrote:You do you. Grew up with this game a bit. I grew up with it a lot. One of the few games I remember from when I was still a lad.

I wouldn't know too much but...
Would it be possible to label the game as an indie and publish it on an online platform like Steam?
I'm pleased to know this had a lasting impression on you, I enjoyed creating it and sharing the experiencing of playing something I created with other players. The battles I had in some game rooms were really enjoyable as I tried to play my best while losing to other players even though I'm the creator.

To put it on Steam or other platforms( Andoid phone/tablet, iPhone/iPad, game consoles.. ) would require a rewrite of the code.