March/04/2020

Information about the progress of the game creation and other stuff
Des

March/04/2020

Post by Des »

Hi everyone,

The new year seemed like it has been just a short period of time ago, but when I look at the calendar it clearly says that we are in the 3rd month. I have no idea where the time went, but I do hope that your new year has been going well for you as mine has been.

At this time I'm still not sure exactly when the end of Adobe Flash will be but we all know that it will be this year likely towards the end of it. I would like to say that Flash has been a great learning experience for me from when I originally got my hands on it which was still called Macromedia Flash, this was before Adobe purchased it. Even before that it is interesting to think about the history of Flash Player and where it came from. The Shockwave Flash player was the parent to which was in some ways superior to Flash Player but it had its limitations: One of the biggest drawbacks in my opinion was the programming language called Lingo. Regardless Adobe Flash is a platform and learning experience that I have yet to see anything like it for its ease of use and intuitive usability from the design/artistic point of view. What will replace Flash? I don't have an answer for that but it will be interesting to see what standards become adopted and their evolution into the mainstream.

So where does this leave CSK? I'm glad you asked that question as it is something I have thought about for a long time. It may be hard to believe but CSK is just over 10 years old from the original concept on paper. It has been a fantastic learning experience and opportunity for me to test out different creative ideas to see which I liked and didn't like. Yes there are decisions that I made during design/development that I was not happy with the finished result but that is a topic of discussion for another time.

As for CSK I'm not going to say specific details at this time but this journey has not yet reached its end and there is still a good story to tell. I will provide more information on this in the near future :)