March/17/2020

Information about the progress of the game creation and other stuff
Des

March/17/2020

Post by Des »

In a previous Dev Journal entry I mentioned that I will be following up with further information about the future of CSK. Today is that day that I will elaborate on my plans for CSK, please keep in mind that plans will likely be adjusted in direction and timeframe on an as-needed basis.

So...What is the future of CSK? I'm glad you asked that question and lets jump right into it shall we? CSK will not end with Adobe Flash, my intentions are to port it over using Unity3D as the development tool of choice to get CSK on as many platforms as Unity3D can export to. Having said that this is no small task and there will be some directional changes along the way.

To expand on that a bit in further detail, Unity3D can export to a lot of platforms( PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, HTML5, etc... ) but the current project is done in Flash/AS3 which does not translate well to Unity3D/C# type of design model. To do that it has to be rebuilt using the existing Flash/AS3 as a guideline for the direction of development. In addition to that, it is logical to make one project that is compatible with all platforms for input( keyboard/mouse, touch screen, joystick, etc... ), meaning in theory on your Android phone you could play on the touch screen, on the same Android phone you could connect keyboard and mouse as well as you could also connect a PlayStation/Xbox controller and play with any of those options( I personally really like joystick option in games ).

Another major improvement that I am going to be looking forward to is that I will be updating the graphical artwork of the project, this means everything will be done by a professional artist while still keeping the esthetic charm and magic of the current artwork concept.

What about the current game and my costumes and pets and items and and and? That is another great question, thank you for asking. My intention is to preserve all the current obtained Character Costumes, pets, items, etc...However some things like game stats and others are going to be reworked and will likely be reset( not sure at this time ).

Initially the goal will be to rebuild/build the framework and functionality to catch up to the existing Flash Client. Something that is important and worth noting is that this development path will in some ways fork away from the Flash version on its trajectory. Basically some things are going to change for the better that are going to be critical components of future development.

Now that we got that part out of the way I would like to make this very clear in that this will not happen overnight, it is something that will take time. Progress will be done incrementally while development moves forward and I do not have a timeframe that I can definitively say I will commit to. What I can say is that it will be challenging but worth it in the end, as CSK evolves away from Flash the new version will be superior to its predecessor.

I will try to give updates on my dev journal when there is something worth updating but I would also like assistance from you in the development process. I will be looking to have beta testers who will give the early versions of CSK a try on various devices and report the bugs back to me. If you are interested in beta testing please reach out to me.

Now you know my plans for CSK and I hope you are looking as forward to this as I am :)
HellCandy

Re: March/17/2020

Post by HellCandy »

That's great news! I will be glad to assist you as much as I can :3
Des

Post by Des »

Thank you, I will provide more details as I can in the near future.
IDangCap

Post by IDangCap »

You love to see it. I'm just now coming to realization of how much of a role CSK has played in my life. Coming home, enjoying the bomber-man game-mode or even fighting with pets. It's been a long journey, and hopefully not the end of it.
Des

Post by Des »

IDangCap wrote:You love to see it. I'm just now coming to realization of how much of a role CSK has played in my life. Coming home, enjoying the bomber-man game-mode or even fighting with pets. It's been a long journey, and hopefully not the end of it.
I know I have a biased opinion but playing in the game rooms was some of the most competitive fun I've had playing games. In addition to that creating it with all the intricacies behind the code logic is also challenging and fun in a different way that I can't really put into words.

In short I enjoy creating it and playing it, the players such as yourself enjoy playing it. I see this as a win-win situation.