March/29/2020 Progress update

Information about the progress of the game creation and other stuff
Des

March/29/2020 Progress update

Post by Des »

In a galaxy far far away, oh wait, different story. It has been a long time since I have had the opportunity to talk about this project in this manner and it still feels like it was just yesterday when I turned the live server on and watch the mayhem that was going on in the game rooms. Time doesn't stop and neither will we, so it is my pleasure to talk about the current status of the CSK project porting over to new platforms.

The current focus in porting over the CSK Client is of course the core engine/framework which everything else gets built on. As the core is incrementally built it occasionally allows a branch of functionality to come into existence such as login.

Here is a login from the current early beta

Lobby( incomplete )

This development path is going to be a slightly different path from the current Client Flash version as it needs to be compatible with a wide range of platforms. Eventually the goal is to have this version fully replace the Flash version and at that time the Flash version will be given an appropriate farewell.

Current capabilities are:
- login to live server
- will auto-join main lobby
- will allow you to use the basic chat in the lobby

I am primarily testing on my desktop PC and my Android phone to make sure that it works as intended on different platforms, for those of you who are interested in becoming beta testers and having access to these early beta version please let me know and I will add you to the beta testers list. Ideally, I would like to have testers on a wide range of devices such as Apple( iPhone, iPad ), Android( Phone/Tablet ), etc...

The current focus again is the core and I have to make difficult decisions at certain points to see how best to proceed, one of the challenges that I have immediately noticed is that Candy Messenger was awesome and very useful but it can't be used in the same way if it is on a mobile touchscreen so it has to be redone. I have a few ideas of how to create a different Candy Messenger to be mobile touchscreen-friendly but this is just one example of the decisions that have to be made that fork away from the Flash version.

If you have any questions about CSK please feel free to reach out to me, have a great weekend everyone :)
everyone

Re: March/29/2020 Progress update

Post by everyone »

Nice
iAznpanda

Post by iAznpanda »

I'll be interested. Desktop/Android(Razer Phone 1, Firmware: Android 9)

It seems as if you are trying to rebuild the game. The discord for CSK has little moderation, so i'll be making a new one. Hopefully we can have an active server soon.
As of right now, i'll name it Candy Sugar Kingdom Unofficial.

https://discord.gg/uacdfCB
Des

Post by Des »

Thank you for your interest, you've been added to the list :)
Rats

Post by Rats »

[quote="Des"]Thank you for your interest, you've been added to the list :)[/quote]
can you fleas and I also test? when is beta testing expected to start?
Des

Post by Des »

Great to hear from you again,

I've added you to the list, early beta testing has already begun as this development is done incrementally and as each new segment is ready to be tested I will be providing the appropriate beta clients for each platform.
KeonF

Post by KeonF »

Hey! I am interested in testing as well.

I can test on Windows 10 and Android (Phone, Tablet, TV)