Server Update

Information about the progress of the game creation and other stuff
Des

Server Update

Post by Des »

Within the previous 10th anniversary broadcast I went into various details of Project CSK and the future of where this project will be going, if you haven't already please watch it on youtube. This broadcast explains a lot of details that will help you understand what the larger vision is and what it will be in the future.

To get from where we are now with Flash and where we will be going is going to be a difficult journey, to say the least, but a journey worth taking and one that will help the community grow in a positive direction with each step. With the new and returning old users it is up to the community to welcome the new players and teach them details to bring them up to speed of all the various aspects of the project.

This update is purely on the server-side, I am trying to avoid touching the Flash client as it is currently broken and not the best use of my time to make any changes to it. My time is much better spent on the new Unity3D client and the Server that all clients connect to.

At this time the server has been updated with some minor changes that will be of significant importance to illustrate the direction moving forward.

Changes
  • Significantly increased friends list size
  • Significantly increased idle to disconnect timer( "you broke the server" )
  • Increased Guild members size limit per each guild level
  • Premium changes
    • The current premium system will be replaced in the future
    • At this time all user accounts will be seen as premium with all features that premium brings
  • Added a reference server message from inside the CSK client to point to Discord
Enjoy the update and have a great weekend :)
HellCandy

Re: Server Update

Post by HellCandy »

Isn't it too early for Christmas? :p

More space = more cookies to steal *throws a smoke screen* *evil ninja out*
Des

Re: Server Update

Post by Des »

I'm glad you like it, I think it is an important part of moving forward :)

And now we know who's been stealing the cookies.