Progress update

Information about the progress of the game creation and other stuff
Des

Progress update

Post by Des »

All good things take time, dedication, persistence, creativity, and a little bit of tea to create. This dev journal entry, in my opinion, is an important one in the content that it provides. I often try different things to see if it works or if I even like it and I find that trying new things are a pleasant experience in itself. I consider myself to be an open-minded individual with a desire to learn and experience new things that allow me to have intellectual growth as an individual through life's experiences.

I know it has been some time since I made my last dev journal entry and that was not intentional, I've been busy with so many things that I haven't had the time to sit down and type out an entry.

Currently, the development progress of the new game client has been going well. There have been some technical challenges recently that were difficult to overcome due to their depth of complexity in the logic that affected that type of functionality. Overcoming those types of challenges is a rewarding feeling knowing that regardless of the challenge there is a solution that can be implemented as long as there is a determination to see it through.

At this stage of the game client, the Game room has been a large part of my focus due to the functionality that it requires and how that functionality ties into the rest of the framework of the game. As of just recently the user input for the usage of pickup items and usable objects now allows the usage of bombs, shield, magic popsicle, and the placement of the block. The animations, visual effects, and other sound effects have not yet been implemented but it is starting to look and feel more like a game. Some of these game mechanics were more difficult to implement than I had initially thought they would be due to the difference in the Unity3D platform because the intention is to implement it to have the same mechanical feel that the Flash version has without deviating from the game mechanics.

Last month I obtained a premium version of Unity3D which will provide me additional features, as well as the ability to create Mac OS X and iOS, builds using the cloud services. This is something I have wanted for some time but had to wait until the appropriate time to justify the cost of the additional expenses. Now that I have it I intend to build the beta client for the testers on all the platforms that are relevant.

While developing all the different aspects of Project CSK I often think during development that there isn't enough clear communication to show the players and community how progress is going, what the challenges are, and all the other details of it. I had thought about it for some time but recently I committed to the decision to try broadcasting the development of Project CSK on Twitch to show those that are interested in what goes into the creation of the project and how it's made.

To be clear the goal is not to be a streamer but to share with the community behind the scene content of how the project is created using various different applications, the overall experience of development, the challenges that I come across, and how I resolve them and many other key points in addition to bringing more awareness to the project. I don't have a specific stream schedule yet and that is something that I will have to figure out but the general idea is that I will stream when I can multiple times a week. If you are interested in getting notified when the stream goes live please follow the Twitch channel( https://www.twitch.tv/csk_des ) and or monitor the Discord( https://discord.gg/sRhP2vx ) channel announcements. Please help the community grow in a positive direction by inviting interested players to the Discord Channel and or providing them my Twitch tv channel link so they can see what the project is about.

I'm not sure what the outcome will be from this experiment but I can't help but think that there can only be potential positive things that may come from this venture.

This concludes another dev journal entry, and I know it is a little longer than usual but I hope you enjoyed reading it regardless. As time progresses I will try different things to attempt to bring awareness to the project and I hope to see you all online.

Have a great weekend :)