Progress Update

Information about the progress of the game creation and other stuff
Des

Progress Update

Post by Des »

Happy Halloween!

Where does the time go? Halloween is here, and it doesn't feel like that much time has passed.

A part of creating a game is how a user feels when playing it. Many factors are involved in this, and one of those is the animations and transitions of the game environment. Within the game room, one of the most common things to do is to destroy the blocks with a bomb to get the potential powerup item within it or to clear the path. In the Flash client version, some animations show the blocks destroyed, which isn't anything complex, nor does it need to be. The animation of destroying a block has been implemented into the Unity3D client.

I didn't think that it would be easy to implement the block destroy animation, but I also didn't think that there would be this much involved with creating the functionality to achieve the desired outcome. Either way, the result has been achieved and now the blocks have an appropriate destroy animation which adds to the overall esthetic feel of the game mechanics within the game room.

During development to this point within the game room, there have been no boundaries that resulted in being able to move the user-controlled player character out of the designated bounds for gameplay. A solution has been implemented, and in the future, will be expanded on.

Another animation that was added is the placement of the user pickup block object and placement. This is esthetic as well as for getting attention in that there has been a change in the environment in case they were not fully paying attention. This animation includes bringing the block down from above onto the ground with a bounce like animation for a short time.

There is a type of satisfaction within an environment where objects are revealed in a certain way. This was always something that I had wanted to do in the old Flash Client. Due to performance and complexity, I didn't attempt it. In the current Unity3D version, it is partially implemented in that the game room environment will be animated and built at the start of the game round.

Have a great, happy, and safe Halloween :)

Twitch.tv - Follow to get notices on next broadcast
Discord - Join the community of individuals who like project CSK
Youtube - Follow to get updates on new videos