Progress Update

Information about the progress of the game creation and other stuff
Des

Progress Update

Post by Des »

Halloween seemed like it came by and went too fast. However, I hope that all of you had a fun and safe Halloween. In the future, I would like to have more enjoyable events similar to Halloween event, and we will get there, but the current focus is first to get the new Unity3D client to be playable.

You may already be aware Flash is reaching the end of life at the end of this year, which doesn't leave much time. At this time, we don't know exactly what that means in terms of what will happen when it does reach the end of life.

The end of Flash is not the end of Project CSK. This project will continue to move forward with Unity3D. If you would like to stay up to date with more details of the progress, you are welcome to watch the Twitch streams live or watch the development videos on YouTube.

Within this update, a Camera management system has been incorporated using the Unity3D Cinamachine virtual cameras. This camera system allows for smooth transitions of camera movement as well as being able to do some interesting camera mechanics that will be improved on in the future. For the most part, this means a virtual camera will follow the player character around and be able to shift the virtual camera between other desired targets with relative ease.

After implementing various functionality to this point, it is inevitable for bugs to be introduced into the client in one form or another. From time to time, it is important to take the opportunity to address some of these bugs.

By implementing the other functionality, it became possible to add animation to the position movement of the other players when those character models move around. The result of this is a smooth position transition animation when the other player character models move around. With this implemented, the game room is getting closer to being completed. When the game room reaches an acceptable state of completion, then the focus can be shifted, away from the game room to the World functionality.

Let's not forget about another critical piece of the project, which I talked about on Stream. It is imperative to have an artist that I can work with and gradually produce new artwork. I'm looking forward to producing new artwork to be used within the project.

This is a preliminary sketch that I'm quite pleased to be able to show off. This is not complete, but this shows the general direction that the artwork will be going in the future.

That concludes this update, and remember there are a lot of youtube videos that I am making weekly that will give you a lot more detailed information than I am covering in these dev journal entries.

Have a great weekend, and thank you for reading :)

Twitch.tv - Follow to get notices on next broadcast
Discord - Join the community of individuals who like project CSK
Youtube - Follow to get updates on new videos