Progress Update

Information about the progress of the game creation and other stuff
Des

Progress Update

Post by Des »

The development of the new Unity3D game client has been going very well so far. Still, like all development, it is not without its challenges, and it is partly due to these challenges that make the development of a project like this interesting.

Approximately two weeks ago, we finally managed to address an outstanding crutch in the project; this item had been on the to-do list for a long time. Of course, I am talking about the Composite Collider, which is excellent when it works and not so great when it does not behave as desired. Regardless, this has been addressed at this point, and development has moved past that challenge.

With one of the final tasks completed, the development focus was finally ready to shift from the game rooms to the World. Yes! The game rooms have enough of their core functionality that they are playable. That doesn't mean that the game rooms are completed in every sense. More of this looks good. Let's move forward with the other stuff first and come back to this later.

The artwork progress is also coming along very well, and I am pleased to show a couple of updated sketches that illustrate the new artwork's direction. The artwork is something that will take time before it is ready to be used in-game. Currently, the artwork style is being defined, and the rules of this style are being established.

Here is a sample of the results.

It has been a long time overdue to have the opportunity to recreate the World in a way that is more appropriate for this type of game concept. This has been something that I have been looking forward to, and I have some great ideas for the future. Some of these have been covered in the 10th-anniversary video on youtube.

One of the great things about creating the game room first was that most of that functionality, communication, and core architecture also applies to the World. Meaning they don't have to be created from scratch and can be reused appropriately.

Currently, in the World, the starting town is in the process of being rebuilt with much larger zones of exploration and an excellent Camera System that will follow the player around thanks to Unity3D Cinamachine virtual cameras. In addition to that, the environment colliders have recently been implemented using the Composite Collider without any complications, and it looks and feels great so far to walk around the first town even though there isn't much there, not yet anyway, but there will be, there definitely will be!

There are a lot of fascinating and exciting things that will be added to this project over time. It is my pleasure to have the opportunity to work on a project like this and share it with you, the players. I hope to see you all online in the future.

Take care and have a great weekend :)

Twitch.tv - Follow to get notices on next broadcast
Discord - Join the community of individuals who like project CSK
Youtube - Follow to get updates on new videos