Progress Update

Information about the progress of the game creation and other stuff
Des

Progress Update

Post by Des »

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

A new year and a new horizon is nearly upon us as we say with great pleasure a farewell to 2020, and we look forward to a better tomorrow in 2021. This year brings an end to many things, and one of them is Adobe Flash. A new browser update will come out in the new year that will completely remove the Adobe Flash Player plugin from my current understanding. However, this is neither the end of Flash or Project CSK.

One solution is to download a stand-alone Flash player and run any compatible flash file without the need for a browser. I will go into the details of this in another post on another day.

As for project CSK, we have been making great progress. Those who follow the Twitch broadcasts and or watch the Youtube videos will know what this means. Some time ago, the focus shifted from Game rooms to the World, and within the World, the current focus has been the Player Pets. This functionality does take time to implement; the progress has been steady and has not been without its challenges. But progress is meant to be challenging for it to be meaningful and rewarding.

Here is what the new My Pets panel looks like. Please do keep in mind that this will change to some degree in the future.

The My Pets panel allows players to summon and unsummon their pets, similar to how it was before in the Flash Client version. In addition to that, as of earlier today, pets now have the functionality to follow their owner around. The details of this are going to be in the Youtube video for those who are interested.

I would also like to illustrate a new character model type that has yet to be named. This Avatar will be added to the game and is one of the Avatar models that is mentioned in the 10th-anniversary video. For more details on that, please view the 10th-anniversary video on youtube to see the project roadmap.

I hope you are all having a great Christmas break, and I'm confident that we are all looking forward to the new Unity client version for Project CSK.

Have a great weekend :)

Twitch.tv - Follow to get notices on next broadcast
Discord - Join the community of individuals who like project CSK
Youtube - Follow to get updates on new videos