Progress Update

Information about the progress of the game creation and other stuff
Des

Progress Update

Post by Des »

Thank you to the community members who were there to celebrate the 12th CSK anniversary online with the rest of us. It was a lot of fun playing online with familiar names, and I think it is safe to say that we are all looking forward to more days like this in the future. You can find the archived 12th-anniversary video on YouTube for anyone who missed it.

With the current focus on the game rooms, it has been evident that artwork is needed, and the previous artwork didn't seem adequate for the new client. To address this, I allocated more time for pixel art, specifically for the game rooms. And I think it turned out well for the current iteration of the artwork.

As we get further into the development roadmap, it is obvious that there is still much more to go, but one of the first significant milestones is almost within reach. This milestone includes the Unity Client's ability to log in and play within the game room with all of the game room functionality. Of course, this milestone does not include character model artwork and Costumes, as this is still an ongoing challenge finding the right artist who understands the project artwork style and requirements.

Even though we have come far, we will have much farther to go. However, it is important to appreciate where we are now; the game room looks great so far and has much better performance thanks to the utilization of the GPU hardware that it uses.

One last note that I would like to ask the community because it was a lot of fun. Would you be interested in more scheduled online meetup time for playing within a game room and or World? For example, once a month CSK Online Party? Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you for reading, and have a great day :)
Twitter - General information and updates about Project CSK
Twitch.tv - Follow to get notices on next broadcast
Discord - Join the community of individuals who like project CSK
Youtube - Game development videos