Progress Update

Information about the progress of the game creation and other stuff
Des

Progress Update

Post by Des »

When creating something, regardless of what it is, it is essential to have fun and explore your creativity. This spark of creation is often done by experimenting with different concepts or ideas to see if they achieve a desirable result. Of course, a fundamental part of this is to explore the boundaries of your usual creative comfort zone; intellectual growth comes from exploring one's inner self. Let's be honest; not all ideas are great, but you can't have good ideas without the not-so-great ideas.

If you have searched for Unity3D Texture Atlas, chances are you have come across the same Unity SpriteAtlas and some Unity Asset store packages with various types of functionality. However, neither of these pointed me in the direction of the solution that I needed. Or so I thought. After some experimenting, it is possible and viable to use the Unity SpriteAtlas as a Texture Atlas with some minor differences. The results look promising in that the same functionality of the SpriteAtlas is usable as Textures for Quads. Your mileage may vary depending on what it is that you are attempting to do. If there is interest in this subject, I can make a short YouTube video explaining how to get it working.

Once the Texture Atlas was usable, it was time to put it to the test and create the Pickup Items within the Game Room. These items presented their own challenges because it appears Unity has some strange behavior when dealing with Quads in front of another and their Z sorting.

Shortly afterward, the scripted bouncy animations and some simple Particle Effects were added to make it look more esthetically pleasing.

Here is what it currently looks like:

As previously mentioned, our first CSK Online Party will be on July 26th, 1830 - 2030( Time Zone ). This event will be broadcast for those who can not play but would like to show their support, and if there is enough interest, this may become a regular event.

Come hang out and play online using the CSK Classic Flash game client. Or watch from Twitch/Youtube.

Thank you for reading, and I will see you online :)
Twitter - General information and updates about Project CSK
Twitch.tv - Follow to get notices on next broadcast
Discord - Join the community of individuals who like project CSK
Youtube - Game development videos
HellCandy

Re: Progress Update

Post by HellCandy »

This actually looks great so far! I like the new changes as well, very dope. Nice work, Des! :)
Des

Re: Progress Update

Post by Des »

Thank you
Twitter - General information and updates about Project CSK
Twitch.tv - Follow to get notices on next broadcast
Discord - Join the community of individuals who like project CSK
Youtube - Game development videos