January/20/2011

Information about the progress of the game creation and other stuff
Des

January/20/2011

Post by Des »

This update took a lot of time and effort to bring all the pieces together to create the first part of the World which players can enter. Inside the world players can walk around the Town and talk with each other, from the very beginning the original concept has always been to give players an environment they can interact with along side other players. Unfortunately I was unable to implement all the things that I wanted to get done so the World is not complete by any means, and as time allows I will continue to add more stuff onto it. But for those who are impatient keep it in mind that it is a big task to create a world and it can not all be done at once, the only way to do it is by small incremental steps.

I don't know about everyone else but sometimes I'm not quite in the mood to play or I am experiencing the wonderful lag that my ISP gives me. In those times I don't really want to leave but I just want to say hi to everyone or get some input from the players and there is no better place for that than in the World. The World allows you to do nearly everything that you can do inside of a game room with the exception of knocking people out of the arena or throwing Popsicles at them which we all enjoy doing( almost everyone ).

With the addition of the World it only makes sense to have player names above their head to be able to identify each other in the world or just to see who's who. As I have said to many players before that having text inside of flash is very heavy on system resources so because of that names are not shown by default. This is not an issue on newer systems but 99 percent of the players who play this game do not have a new system so it makes logical sense to conform to the majority than to the minority. But to bring up the player names you can press the Shift button at any time to show the names of all the players within the room.

Another change that has been made that is worth mentioning is that you can now move the mouse directly over the players on the game stage and they will be highlighted as well as their name will be shown above their head. You can also click on the Player Character directly on the stage to see their information instead of looking for their name in the List of names inside the room. Inside of the World you can click on the NPCs to talk to them.

There has been many other changes that I will not mention because they are technical and most people who read it would probably be thinking...HUH?

Because this is such a big update I'm sure that some stuff will have been broken in the process of creating the World or possibly some bugs may be introduce with the addition and modification of the new stuff. So if you do happen to find something please be sure to let me know so I can address the issue.

In the future more stuff will be added to the World because there is a story to be told and fun to be had but all in due time so for now enjoy the world made of candy and try not to eat too much Candy : )

Overview:
* World
* NPCs throughout the World
* Player Names above head
* Added Shift Button
* Bug fixes