August/31/2011

Information about the progress of the game creation and other stuff
Des

August/31/2011

Post by Des »

There is many people who do not know yet that we are getting close to another major upgrade in flash itself. Since I'm sure almost everyone knows what flash is I won't explain what it is but the company that currently makes the flash plugin is adobe.com.

I will not go into too much detail, currently everyone is using flash player version 10 which is great because without flash Candy Sugar Kingdom wouldn't exist and that would not be good. Adobe has been working on flash player version 11 which is the next major version in flash and from the details that adobe has provided it will make flash a whole lot better for everyone and flash will be able to do a lot more stuff that it couldn't do before.

Here is a few links of what flash will be able to do using the "Molehill engine" which may not be in the first version of flash player 11:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgwi0lWgX8w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szaXvTsoeVs

What is great about the new flash player is that it will have much better support for GPU, what is GPU? In simple terms it is the graphics card inside your computer that is designed to do all the visual stuff like 3d and 2d stuff.

Obviously Candy Sugar Kingdom does not have any 3d stuff but from my understanding if your GPU is supported by the new flash player 11 you will get a significant performance boost and what I am hoping for is that everyone will be able to run the game in Large size and be able to play the game perfectly fine, wouldn't that be great? :)

As for when flash player 11 will be out I am not sure but if I was to guess I would say probably in the next 3-6 months we will see the first official version of it. Currently you can download the flash player 11 beta 2 which is not designed for public use and I would NOT recommend you get it. But when there is a beta version 2 that means that the first public release is probably not that far away.

Anyway just some information for you guys to know, see you can learn stuff from video games xD