July/15/2010

Information about the progress of the game creation and other stuff
Des

July/15/2010

Post by Des »

I'm going to try to write regular weekly journal entries to this forum so anyone following along with this project will kind of know what is going on. So to start this off as of the 6th of July this project has gone public beta for all users to be able to play, unfortunately this project is totally new and as most people have found out by now that there just isn't that many people online. So for all of you who do enjoy playing the game don't worry, just give me time and I will try my best to get more users to join in on the fun.

For the most part I am submitting the game to all the popular flash web portals but most of them don't give me any traffic at all. When I first submitted to newgrounds.com there was a big spike in traffic and there was consistent users playing but the problem with those big portals is that they get so many submitions a day that this game has gotten lost in their archives. When it was first submitted to newgrounds it was in the latest submitions area which is located on the flash portal page in the left column of the page, once more submitions of other people came in it was soon taken off of the top area of that list within a matter of hours and now there is like around 1 to 2 hits per day from newgrounds. I have tried my best to try to contact Tom who is the owner of newgrounds to see if this game is something he would consider placing in the multiplayer collections of their website which in my opinion is an ideal place for this to be placed. Anyway that's enough about new grounds, besides them I have submitted to 23 other flash game portals( as of this date ) and I will be submitting to more portals. Most of the portals have an approval process which takes time before a game can be approved and other portals don't even give me the time of day because this project is so new and has very little traffic, which is fine.

Besides flash portals this project is also on myspace and on facebook, even though it is on facebook you will not be able to search for it in the apps/games area because it hasn't been approved yet( as of this date ) and the only way to find it is if someone shares it with you or if you follow the link at the top right of this website( website not the forums ).

Currently I am working on fixing up some minor bugs and trying to add/complete new functionality which I will not get into right now but I am busy with lots of stuff. I guess that's it for my very first journal entry, if you are a reader and would like to ask something or comment on this journal feel free to speak your mind.

Also try and spread the word around so we can have more players.