Waiting

Get help and support for various different things related to the game
Reshiram

Waiting

Post by Reshiram »

How come after we do a certain thing on Csk, like inviting a person into guild/party, Switching Pets in world, or (Only if you are a Guild Master) changing the Guild Wall [Message of day, Guild info/Notes] we have to wait before we can do it again.
Last edited by Reshiram on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Des

Re: Waiting

Post by Des »

This is intentionally done to prevent abuse of the system, to explain I will give you an example.

Most games that I have played that allow friend/guild invite are abused so much that it makes the game less enjoyable to play, I will not mention the game names but I have personally experienced when walking in to an area and getting 100+ friend invites of people that I do not know and I have to sit there and click the close(X button) 100+ times because it is on top of everything else on the game screen and the game would not allow me to perform any other actions until I clear the popup messages. Then after walking in to another area I get 100+ more invites so I have to close them all again.

This type of undesirable game experience can be easily avoided by setting a time limit to these type of actions, each one of these actions also requires the server to process and validate each and every single action that is send and received. In CSK each one of the actions you mentioned can be abused in a different way, so to resolve this a medium balance had to be in place to allow these actions to be performed when needed but not allow abuse of the system.
Reshiram

Re: Waiting

Post by Reshiram »

Oh Thanks! I was just wondering