im stuck

Talk about random stuff
Des

Re: im stuck

Post by Des »

It is common for windows to not be able to find the appropriate drivers for hardware because there is so many different kinds of hardware. The best is to get the drivers from the manufacturer website.

For example a laptop should have all of the most recent drivers on the website who created it such as toshiba,sony and many others. In this situations you can go to:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

You will need to find the specific product name and number which is usually on the bottom side of the laptop on one of the stickers. Remember I am only trying to point you in the right direction and if you do install the wrong drivers you can do more harm than good so make sure it is the right drivers before you install it, you can even call their technical support in your area on their phone line for more information.
SpongeTeddyBear

Post by SpongeTeddyBear »

The problem is this laptop was made with windows xp, but it has windows 7 now.
so the drivers for my graphics adapter are actually for windows xp.
Des

Post by Des »

I don't believe that that is the issue, most drivers that are made for windows xp should still work on Vista, 7 and 8.

Try to find the drivers for your specific laptop model in the link I provided in the last post. You do not need to install all the drivers, just install the main ones and only install one at a time to make sure it is working.

The first driver you usually install is the one for the graphics card then after that you install the one for the motherboard/soundcard.

Let me know if this helps.
SpongeTeddyBear

Nope it didn't work.
it says: "This operating system isn't supported"
Des

Post by Des »

That is unfortunate, I guess your only option is to either leave it as is or do a clean format and install win xp.
SpongeTeddyBear

I'm not going to reformat, so I'll leave it like it is. so that means no games for me to play; only simple games.
and it means the end of biohazard56. unless I get another laptop.
vikram

Post by vikram »

Des wrote:That is unfortunate, I guess your only option is to either leave it as is or do a clean format and install win xp.
my pc was in win xp. i m bored to to xp to i install win 7. and i got problem like this so i have uninstall win 7 and i reintall win xp again. you can see in my video i have win xp. but my laptop have win 8 :D
SpongeTeddyBear

good news and bad news

well, my problems are solved... found a driver for my chipset, but still CSK won't work. I think it has to do with loading.
my other games work fine except for minecraft, it's just a little buggy. doesn't render very good but still playable.
But CSK, not working for me.
SpongeTeddyBear

oh well, i'll solve it tomorrow. happy sleeping! (I need to go to sleep, it's late) :lol: