September/20/2011

Information about the progress of the game creation and other stuff
Des

September/20/2011

Post by Des »

I finally managed to get some more details about what I mentioned before in that the hosting provider that Candy Sugar Kingdom currently runs on will be switched. Just to briefly go over it for those who are interested in the details is that Candy Sugar Kingdom runs on a server which is the brain of the game and that is hosted by a company. What has happened is that the company got bought out by a bigger company and they are switching everyone over to the way the parent company works which is great for them but not so great for a lot of other people like me. Anyway that is the short story, so I won't bore you with the long version.

So what does this mean for all of us? unfortunately I have to find a new home for Candy Sugar Kingdom :( , this is not something that I want to do but I have no choice to do it and it will cause a lot of problems because of many technical reasons that I will not get into. Initially I though that it would be a quick thing that I can do within a few days or so but now that I have a full understanding of it when this happens Candy Sugar Kingdom will potentially be down for roughly 1 - 2 weeks.

I am not exactly sure when this will happen but I have a very good approximate date in that as of September 28 they will begin forcing people to switch over. So anyone who does not want to switch over like me will have their server terminated. And all of this is happening during the middle of a major update that I am working on :/ , so I have to put the update aside so that I can move everything from the current company to a new home.

As a reminder the result will be:
- http://www.candysugarkingdom.com website will go down
- the game Candy Sugar Kingdom will NOT be playable from any and all websites.

This forum will still be up and working because it is separate from everything else so you can still use this forum.

I will try my best to move this game over to it's new home as fast as I can but it will take time so for all of you who do like to play the game please be patient and don't worry. I guess that's all I can really say for now :(