September/22/2013

Information about the progress of the game creation and other stuff
Des

September/22/2013

Post by Des »

In the last journal entry I mentioned that I am working on the Guild system so I think it is time to provide a little bit more information about it. The way the Guild system will work is that you must have a level 10 account so that you can get the quest. On the completion of the quest you will get Guild Tablet which will allow you to use it to create a Guild by entering a name for your own Guild.

I wont go in to too much detail at this point because some of it is still being worked on and is not fully defined yet but every Guild will start from level 1 and will only allow 10 members to join the Guild at level 1. By playing in the Game rooms classic/teams or playing with your pet in the World each Guild member will contribute a small amount of Experience towards the Guild. The higher level the guild the more members and Captains it will have, the role of the Captain is similar to the Guild Master/Creator but the main role of the Captain is to lead by example and recruit more members. The higher level the Guild is the more bonus Exp and Jellybeans will be rewarded to each member while playing.

On a somewhat side note yesterday I totally broke the CSK version that I am working on and I really hate it when that happens but this one was really bad which was caused by me updating some of the applications that I use to create CSK and the applications totally messed up everything in a bad way. Nothing was working the way it should have been working and it kept on crashing, I tried to roll back to a previous version of the game but that didn't do anything and actually made it worse. So I was really unhappy about that because it wasn't really my fault but I had to deal with it even though it isn't fair to me :/ . But the good news is that I think I found the issue and managed to fix it so I only wasted about 8 hours or so of me kind of freaking out because I could not foresee an outcome due to the nature of the issue.

Some of the obvious changes that will come in the next update is that the website Leaderboards will be modified to show additional information and you will also be able to select a player Nick name to see additional information about that player like their win,tie,lose,jellybeans,costumes,pets and other stuff. One of the changes that will only effect the World is that items that are dropped will not disappear so fast like they used to, they will remain for a maximum of up to 1 full hour before they disappear.

There will also be a new command added /fullscreen which is really obvious what it will do but I just want to explain that this will not work on most websites depending on which website you play on. This will for sure work on the official CSK website but many websites intentionally do not want to allow a game to run in full screen because it is intrusive and can be abused really badly which is understandable.

So I think this covers some of the basics of Guild system and what will be in the next update, I'm not totally sure when it will be completed, tested and playable but I am definitely getting closer so as long as I don't run in to any more major issues it will be sooner than later :)
HellCandy

Re: September/22/2013

Post by HellCandy »

That sounds cool! looking forward for the guilds update to arrive! :3
everyone

Post by everyone »

It is Coool :D :D :D :) Good Job DES :D I love candy sugar kingdom
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I only need 300 more exp to lvl 10 (^.^)
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I'm level 10 now so does that mean I can create a guild?
everyone

Post by everyone »

[quote="Andrew"]I'm level 10 now so does that mean I can create a guild?[/quote]
Make me Moderator in your guild?
Reshiram

Post by Reshiram »

Why do we have to be lv 10?
Des

Post by Des »

Reshiram wrote:Why do we have to be lv 10?
For many reasons but primarily because by the time a player gets to level 10 they will have obtained a lot of knowledge about CSK and have the skills that would allow them to be a Guild Master.
PinkTeddyBear

Post by PinkTeddyBear »

Wait a minute. They would get to see our stats?! That's kinda... is there an option where we can click so it WONT show? Like a private button...
PinkTeddyBear

Post by PinkTeddyBear »

Well the stats would already show if one was on the leaderboard but its the other stuff